Friday, August 12, 2011

My 10-Miler Race -- Afterthoughts

Considering my 3 week hiatus before the race, and a prevailing nagging knee, I had no idea what to expect for my 10 mile race. I was pleasantly surprised at how well I presevered through the race. I ran a pretty "easy" 10 minute pace and finished super strong. I don't think I was really running beyong a conversational pace except for maybe my last mile. During that last mile though, while I had a good deal of energy still left, I really starting contempleting a 13.1 half marathon in September. I thought, "Oh my goodness...I can't imagine having to run 3.1 more...I think 10 miles is good for me!" Now that it is all said and done though, not only do I feel like I could do 3.1 more, I think I could do it a lot better than I did yesterday! My goal yesterday was simply to finish without stopping and I proved to myself that I could do that and more. If given the opportunity, I'd love to run another 10 mile as an actual race! I'd love to run it, really pushing myself to see how fast I could do it! I don't think they'll be another 10 mile race anywhere near me, so it looks like I'll have to show my stuff at a half mary! After all, after running 10, what's another 3.1, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment