Wednesday, August 1, 2012

It's a New Year!

Happy New Year everyone! Did you do anything fun to celebrate? I wish I could say that we did something amazingly fun to celebrate the new year, but I'd be lying. All we did was hang out at home. My husband played his new computer game that he got for Christmas and I worked on altering those mailboxes I got. (BTW, I finished one, but I'm giving that one as a gift. I'll post pics after I give it away.) We turned on the tv around 11:30, watched the ball drop, screamed and carried on, then went to bed. woo hoo. party animals. What can I say?!

Anyhow, as the new year is upon us, many of us start thinking about..."resolutions"! I don't know if I want to make any resolutions only because the word itself = failure to me. I like "goals/wishes/hopes" better. So, here goes:

Every year, I go through phases of different hobbies but never really staying consistent on any one thing. (For example, spring and summer I spend working out and reading. Fall and winter, scrapbooking and crafting.) This year, I hope to change that by setting some personal goals...
  1. I am going to complete a half-marathon by the end of the year: I used to run all the time. I'm usually pretty good about it during spring and summer. Once school starts though, I hit a wall and don't find/make the time for it. That'll have to change if I expect to meet my goal. I've never run a half marathon though. A 5K is the most I've done. A few if my friends have done it though, so if they can, than I can!
  2. I am going to keep up with scrapping and card making by completing at least 2 layouts and 1 set of cards a month. Some people do that much in a day. I'm a slow poke though. (One wish I have connected to this is to sell some of my stuff. I'm looking into starting an Etsy account. Anyone have tips on this? We also have a local store that sells nothing but crafted items. I'm looking into selling there.)

Now here are the things I hope to do this year...

  1. Go on a vacation!
  2. Get an actual job: Right now I'm a long term sub, which is fine because I still advance on the pay scale and still get benefits, but the past two springs and summers I spent wondering if I'm going to have a job the following year. I look forward to that stress being over.
  3. Get the basement finished.
  4. Spend more time with friends.

Hmm, that's all I can think of for now. For me, that's plenty! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment