Thursday, November 1, 2012

Another Foodie Connection

So my DH and I have now been tuning in every Sunday evening to watch Food Network's Iron Chef America. I have been LOVING that show, although I have to say, my favorite part of the entire show is the first 5 minutes when the hottie chairman unveils the secret ingredient. The dramatics are so hilarious! Anyhow, this past Sunday, the guest chef chose to challenge Bobby Flay. My DH and I were commenting on how good Bobby Flay seemed to be. And then we noticed that during the commercials, there were at least two other shows advertised that were hosted by...Bobby Flay! We're like, "Wow, that guy must be good!" My DH commented too that the guy has got to have a good personality too for people to want to watch him on so many different shows. Okay, now fast foward to the next day...

My DH has to go on a business trip. First he flies out to NY, does a few site visits, then has to fly to CA. While he's waiting for his flight, he calls and leaves me a message: "Hi there! Just wanted to call to say hi and to see how you're doing. I also wanted to tell you a pretty funny story. You'll never guess who is on my flight from NY to CA...Bobby Flay! I'll tell him you said hi!" OMG, can you believe that! My DH and I were watching Bobby Flay on tv the night before, and there my husband is, pratically 10 feet away from him! So I called my DH back and left a message: "Okay, I know you are normally kind of shy, but you BETTER talk to Bobby Flay! If not for you, than for ME! I expect a full account / transcript of your conversation by this evening!" So my DH called me back later that night and did NOT let me down. I guess he did go up to Bobby (yeah, that's right -- first name basis now!) and chatted with him briefly. My DH said that Bobby was super nice and very friendly! How cool huh?!

Nothing more exciting than that has really been going on. I'm happy to report that I went on another run yesterday. It was only 3.1 miles, but my knees felt pretty good and I ran it at a decent pace (9:10 min/mile). I felt like I was going faster though...so oh well. I will definitely have to work on speed. I would like to try to go for 4 miles tomorrow. Hopefully I'll feel better than my last 4 miler! As far as races, I've decided to go with the Motorcars Blossom Time 5.25 mile run instead of the Tallmadge Memorial 5K. It's a better distance for me, and let's face it -- I can make pancakes at home myself...nothing beats fair food! Mmmmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment