Monday, March 5, 2012

An Emotional Roller Coaster!

Yesterday I wrote about how I was bummed about not being able to go on that field trip. Well today I found out that there were other teachers axed from the field trip list too. It's still a bummer, but I was at least happy that I wasn't the only one cut.

On a positive note, my school had a book fair this week with all sorts of prizes and drawings. I ended up winning one of the drawings and got FREE iPod Shuffle! Super cool, huh?! I didn't even know about the contest much less that I had a chance of winning. What an awesome surprise!

To add to my emotional roller coaster, tomorrow is my first race back. I am pretty calm about it, but I'm sure I'll get nervous tonight and especially nervous tomorrow. And to top that off, I am dreadfully sick! I no longer feel congested that much, but my throat feels terrible and I have completely lost my voice! I am worried about how my throat will feel tomorrow. It's already constantly dry, what am I going to do for my race?! I'll be drinking LOTS of water/tea from now until then! I hope I feel better tomorrow morning than I did this morning too. I was at school feeling all groggy and even dizzy! Luckily that didn't last long. I feel fine now except for the throat thing. The funny thing was, I was going to ask on this one message board for running for advice on whether or not I should even try to race considering my cold. That reminded me of a post I saw a few weeks ago that had me LOL! The topic was something like, "The Most Asked Questions" and here was someone's sarcastic, but hilariously true response:

I woke up this morning and was bleeding out of my eyes and all of my hair fell out. As I was walking to the bathroom, I noticed that my left foot was missing and must have fallen off in my sleep. Then I tripped over the lung I coughed up the night before and broke both arms in seventeen places. Plus I have a cold. Should I run in my 5k race today?

I decided not to bother asking! Of all the symptoms listed, I only have the last one. I think I'll be safe! Wish me luck! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment