Monday, March 5, 2012

Are We There Yet? Are We There Yet?

Well, we are sitting here at the LAX airport, so it seems as though I have some time to write. So here are the details of our adventure so far.

It started on Friday, my birthday! My husband made breakfast for me, then immediately wanted me to guess where we were going for our secret destination vacation. He wouldn’t make it easy though. He put down a piece of paper in front of me and told me I had to win a game of Hangman if I wanted the vacation. The first word had 3 letters which I assumed was the word THE, so my first guess was a T. My DH started drawing the head on my hangman. Oh No! I then started thinking of Wheel of Fortune. Another popular letter on the show was always R, so I made that my second guess. DH started drawing the body. NOOOOO! I better make some better guesses! Next I guessed S. That gave me just one letter in the second word, but enough to figure out that word must be ISLAND. I guess the consonants first and was still puzzled, but as soon as I guessed the I, I figured out that we were headed to the Big Island of Hawaii! I started screaming and jumping up and down, literally! Then my husband said that he had a gift for me which goes with our vacation destination. The gift box he gave me was very small and clearly a jewelry box, so this puzzled me. When a finally tore open the paper and lifted the lid on the velvet box, I found a charm bead inside. The bead was in the shape of a pineapple. My DH explained that he wanted me to have this pineapple bead so that every time I looked down at my bead bracelet, I would remember our vacation together, how much he worked and will always work to make me happy, and to remember how much he loves me. I totally didn’t expect it but, I started to cry! It was just so sweet! I think I’ll definitely keep DH around!

Well, after a day of furious cleaning and packing we finally have started our travels. I wish I could say we had an uneventful arrival, but I’d be lying. One flight got delayed by 4 ½ hours, we got switched to another flight instead, and are now sitting around for an unexpected 4 hour layover. By the time all is said and done, we will have been traveling 21 hours! AHHH! We are trying to keep up good spirits though. After all, by the time we do get there, we will so not care about all this! We’ll just be glad to be there soaking up the tropical rays in sipping on some Mai-tais. I can’t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment