Monday, February 6, 2012

CIK Challenge: Parmesan Chicken

If you don't recall, Chaos in the Kitchen (CIK) challenges are just personal challenges that I give myself to try new recipes. Tonight, I tried a recipe that I saw on Ina Garten's show, Barefoot Contessa. The recipe is Parmesan Chicken and can be found on Food Network's website (or just click on the link!) I don't know why it says on the website that this is an intermediate level recipe. I thought it was super easy. Basically, pound down chicken to about 1/4" (I just sliced mine horizontally since the chicken I get is so huge anyway -- it ends up being 1/4" or so), dip in flour mixture, egg, and then bread crumb/parm cheese. Cook in skillet over med-low heat for 2-3 minutes per side and you're done! If you want, you can top with greens that have been dressed with a lemon vinaigrette. I think you should try it with the greens -- the lemon vinaigrette is so tasty with the chicken! Overall, I thought this was a super simple recipe with a lot of yummy taste! (Oh, BTW, just so that you can determine size, the plate below is NOT a regular dinner plate. It's just a salad plate. Those would be some honkin chicken breasts otherwise! LOL)


We weren't all that hungry though, so I just made the chicken and another little treat -- tomato with mozzarella and basil. I won't insult you by giving a formal recipe. You can probably figure it out by the pic -- slice a tomato, insert some mozzarella slices, top with chopped basil. Drizzle good olive oil over top and s&p to taste. It's so simple, yet one of my DH and my favorite summer eats!

No comments:

Post a Comment