Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Lazy Days Are Coming To An End

Summer is my absolute favorite time of year. First, I love nice warm weather. Feeling the nice warm rays on my skin just makes me smile. Second, I love when everything outside comes to life -- the trees are a sea of green waving in the breeze and the flowers are bursting forth in color and heavenly fragrance. Third, I love all the fun things you can do in the summer like camping, hiking, biking, going to the beach, enjoying dinner out on our back deck... FUN! Oh, and there's one more thing... From the eloquent words of Alice Cooper... Schoooooooool's out for summah! Now for me, that means a good 8 weeks worth of days upon days to do whatever I want, whenever I want, AKA: Living the Dream! And this summer, I wanted to do pretty much what the girl at the top of my blog is doing -- laying around and just enjoying a lazy day. I was lucky enough to do much of that this summer, but I also did a lot of fun things too. I got back into cooking again and found a new love in baking. I kept up with my running and am getting close to reaching one of my goals this year which is to complete a half marathon. I got a few rooms in my house organized and did some decorating. And oh yeah, I went on an AWESOME vacation! Ahhhh, I am so sad to say goodbye to my lazy days. This was one of my best summers EVER, but all good things must come to an end. As of this coming Monday, I must say goodbye to living the dream and rejoin the ranks of those partaking in reality. Oh well, it was simply fabulous while it lasted, and if times get rough during this school year, at least I'll have pleasant memories to bring me joy, and a hope for another fabulous summer to come next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment