Thursday, November 11, 2010

We're Here! Vacay Report: Day 1

So we ended up traveling for 22 hours before we finally got to bed. The final plane ride was a little over 5 hours long, but after traveling so long, it felt like 15! I was getting so antsy the final hour and couldn't get off that stupid plane fast enough. I actually started thinking, "The next vacation I go on will have a plane ride limit -- Anything beyond 10 hours of travel is too much for me!" The exhaustion took a toll and both DH and I and the only thing we could do once we arrived was crash!

Well, when we woke up this morning, we mosied down to the lobby and enjoyed a nice breakfast poolside. As soon as I sat down and took in the view, I realized the 22 hour trip was more than worth it!



After taking a walk around the hotel, we grabbed some brochures and chose some activities to do over the next 10 days we are here. The first thing we're doing is taking a hike tomorrow through Volcanic National Park. Hopefully we'll get close enough to actually see some of the lava flow! Super cool! That'll take almost the whole day tomorrow and we're both pretty psyched. Hopefully I'll have some cool pics to share of that soon!

Other than that, we spent most of today just exploring. We checked out the local shops and even hit the local supermarket to pick up some somewhat affordable food. (After the $25/person breakfast this morning, milk and Cap'n Cruch looks mighty tasty! Too bad the milk was $7/gallon!) More updates to come!


~~~~~~~~~

As an aside, I brought some of my running gear just in case I felt like hitting the pavement. I thought it might be cool to try to find a nice path around here and find my own "Rave Run"! At first I wondered how I was going to get my mileage in without knowing the area, but my DH got me one more Bday gift that'll surely help with that -- a Garmin Forerunner 405! That thing is flippin awesome! It's pretty ginormous on my twiglike wrist and way more technological than I think I can handle, but it is pretty darn cool. I can't wait to take it out on its first test run!

Also, while trying to kill time at LAX, I wandered into a bookstore and found this super cute cupcake book: Hello, Cupcake. It's got all sorts of pics and directions for how to create cupcakes in all different designs! Next time you go to Borders, check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment