Monday, August 1, 2011

TWD (Kind of) and a Reunion with Running

This week, Rachel of Confessions of a Tangerine Tart chose Chocolate Malted Whopper Drops for this week's Tuesdays with Dorie recipe. I actually made these cookies when I first got my book Baking, From My Home to Yours. I LOVED these cookies! They were so yummy and I would definitely make them again. In fact, I was planning on making them again this week. The only problem was, my brother-in-law came over and unknowingly ate the box of whoppers I was planning on using. DOH! Oh well. If you'd like to see how my first batch came out, click HERE.

~~~~~~~~~

On a completely different note, Running and I decided to get back together yesterday. My half marathon was one of the coolest experiences I've had. I haven't felt more proud of an accomplishment in a long time and I owe it all to running... oh, and awesome PR-inducing weather, a downhill course, and of course the umpteen hours of training I put in. So anyhow, like any revived relationship, I'm all about it now! I already started looking last night for another race I could train towards, and today I bought some new gear. The only race I definitely would like to do next though is the Cleveland Hermes 10 Miler, and that's not until late April-early May. I hope to find something a little sooner. Either way though, my love has been renewed!

No comments:

Post a Comment