Monday, September 12, 2011

Keep it in Perspective

Sometimes I look at the miles I have to run to prepare for my half marathon and they look insurmountable! But then I read about this guy Dean Karnzes who ran 50 marathons in 50 states in 50 days! Not THAT is a lot of miles! I heard he had a book too so I went to check it out and ended up finding a website about him, his Endurance 50 adventure and so much more. I learned that he also completed a run that was 262 miles long and since then, has a completed a 300 mile continues run! Makes my 4.5 seem much easier! HERE is the website if your interested. If you click on the section "Books and Lectures," you can watch an interview he did on The Late Show with David Letterman. It's actually pretty funny, so if you have a few minutes, watch it! (I wonder if I could get pizza delivered to me on one of my runs?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment