Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Valentines Already!

Well, I was afraid if I waited too long, I would put off scrapbooking Christmas pics until forever, so I did them as soon as I developed them. Here are a few pages. I still have a few more to do.


Anyhow, while I was out hitting the after Christmas sales, I noticed that the stores are already putting out Valentines stuff! Well, I guess it is a month and a half away. Normally I don't get too psyched for Valentines, but what can I say? I am in the spirit this year! I decided since I had so much fun making Christmas cards, that I would do Valentine cards too. So, today I went to a Valentine card making class at a local scrapbook store called Archivers. I really just wanted to learn some new techniques. Since I was still kind of new at some stuff, like embossing, my cards did not come out...stellar, but they are still pretty nice. It was funny though because at one point the instructor saw me fussing over a piece of ribbon trying to get the glue dots in just the right place so that they would not be visible and she was like, "The person looking at it probably won't even notice. It's okay if it's not perfect." I almost gasped! Ummm, not perfect? Ah yes, we just met. Let me reintroduce myself: My name is Tammie and I am a perfectionist. If the glue dots can be seen from behind the ribbon, I might as well just throw this away! (Okay, I'm exaggerating a little. I do know that my work doesn't have to be perfect, but I do like it to look neat.) I didn't say that of course but I was thinking, "This lady is crazy!" Then I realized that it probably wasn't her that was crazy! :-)

Anyhow, here is a link to the cards I made: Archiver's cards. Once I got home, I made a few of my own Valentine's Day cards. A lot simpler, but still cute I hope. (The colors in the pic came out funny. The heart gems are dark pink, not red, and the pink ribbon is the same shade as the pink paper. They are perfect matches!) :-)

On another note, with the postings and blinkie I put up for the blog Sheetload, I was entered in a contest to win some cool Studio G dollar stamps. I used my positive thinking and simply thought, "I can't wait to see that I've won those stamps!" Then when I looked to see whose name got drawn for the prize, I saw my name as one of the 5 finalists (out of 50 people!) Cool! I am happy to even be a finalist. I have a few of those stamps already, so I am just hoping that the person who would benefit from receiving them the most wins. I wouldn't be sad though if I did get them! Wish me luck! Or should I just say, send out those positive vibes for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment