Friday, September 2, 2011

The Unexpected (and Unwanted) Effects of Running

****WARNING: TOTAL GIRL TOPIC / POSSIBLY TMI!****

Now I normally don't talk about this sort of stuff, but I just thought it was too funny that I just had to share. So I was commenting to my DH the other day about how I am pretty mad because I swear that my excess running is causing me to lose weight, but unfortunately -- it's in all the wrong places! Not sure what I mean? Well, have you seen that commercial where there are these pencil drawn characters -- a man and a woman and the woman is talking about losing weight...she says, "My husband and I wanted to lose weight so we starting eating better. This is what happened to him," and in the picture, the guy becomes super skinny, then the woman says, "And this is what happened to me," and her body stays completely the same except her boobs get super tiny? Well, let's just say that I can relate! Now, being an A cup, I am not well-endowed to begin with, so I'm like, "You have GOT to be kidding me! Is it even physically possible to GET any smaller?!" After a week or so of thinking that my bras which no longer fit would magically fix themselves, I finally decide to go out today and buy some new ones. I remember that there's this one brand that has the half sizes, so I swallow my pride and walk into the dressing room with a "nearly A". Now get this...I put the flippin thing on...and it's TOO BIG! WHAT?!?!?! OMG, I am so going to need therapy over this! That's it! Just point me to the training bra section! Or maybe I should just save my $$ and buy some bandaids! Ugh. I was so mad, I just left the store altogether!

So be warned ladies! You want to lose weight? Be careful what you ask for! And yes, feel free to laugh at my misery. I am! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment