Wednesday, November 2, 2011

TWD: Chocolate Chunkers

This week, Claudia of Fool for Food chose the Chocolate Chunkers for this week's Tuesdays with Dorie recipe. (Click on her website for the recipe!) This recipe was a little different than the norm cookie recipe in that you had to melt some chocolate and butter and incorporate that into the batter. I really wasn't sure how these would turn out. Well, when they first came out, after letting them cool for 10 minutes, I took a nice big bite. They were WAY gooey! I remember reading in the cookbook that if they were too soft in the middle, to put them in the fridge for 10 minutes. I popped them in for awhile and then kind of forgot about them. About an hour later, I finally remember them and grabbed one to give them a try. It was rock hard! I threw it out after only half a bite! I figured these things were a bust and just threw them in some tupperware.

Well, the next morning, I decided to give them one more try. I poured a nice glass a milk and took a nice big bite... a nice, soft, chocolaty chocolate bite! The consistency this time was PERFECT! The cookies were a little too chocolaty for me though and one was quite enough. I gave them to my DH to try who ironically hates chocolate but really liked these cookies! He said they reminded him of old candy bar called a Chunky. He took them to work and everyone there said they liked them too! Glad they were a hit! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment