Friday, November 4, 2011

Went to Chiropractor Today -- More Confused Than Ever!

A group of girls at my work all go to the same chiropractor. It just so happens that you can also get massages there for just $5 (with our insurance). They usually schedule to go around the same time and then go out for lunch or dinner afterwards. Sounds pretty fun! Well, a few have been talking to me about coming with them, but I never really had a reason to go to a chiro. Well, after reading up on my whole knee issue thing, it turns out a visit to the chiro may help! Even if it doesn't, at least I can start getting my $5 massages, right?!

So anyhow, I went in today and the doctor took a look at my knees. He checked out a couple of things and took x-rays. Turns out, he does NOT think my knee problems are necessarily due to my IT band! He thinks the reason could be something altogether different! Something about a problem in my lower back which is causing my knees to overcompensate in some way? I don't know! He used a lot of mumbo jumbo doctor speak, so I wasn't really sure WHAT he was saying. He said that he is almost sure he knows what could be causing the problem but wants to wait to talk to me about it until he can confirm with the x-rays. I guess that makes sense. It would be a waste to talk to me about something if it turns out that isn't the diagnosis after all. Still...I'm dying to know! I tried to kind of ask if I should take it easy on the running and other workouts, but I didn't really get a clear answer either. He didn't seem to think that I needed to totally lay off of it...so I guess it's not that big of a deal...? I tried to explain that I tried to work out on my elliptical for 40 minutes but could only go 30 before experiencing pain. His suggestion -- just go 15-20 minutes. Uhhhhh, okaaayyy! I guess I could have asked more specifically, but I get so intimidated with doctors. Like, I hate to waste their time by asking dumb questions, but I guess that's why I'm there, right?! So next time I go, which is this Saturday, I will come armed with the only 3 questions I really care about: 1) What in the world is wrong with me? And please write that down with pictures and diagrams -- stick figures / speech bubbles are acceptable! 2) What do I do to fix it/prevent if from ever coming back? 3) When can I run again?! Hopefully, I'll have those answers by noon on Sat!

Okay, on a totally different topic, I wrote about one of my new fave shows which is Iron Chef America. Can I just say...the hottie Chairman -- yeah, I met him! Here's the dish: When I was in high school, I got to be an extra in this movie called Double Dragon. It was a movie based on a video game...a pretty bad one at that. Anyhow, the movie starred Scott Wolf, Alyssa Milano, and hottie Chairman guy! (He's the one on the right in the movie poster.) I got to meet all of them, ever so briefly. Funny though, when I checked out the Iron Chef America website, they didn't list Double Dragon under hottie Chairman's film credits! Wonder why?! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment