Thursday, July 7, 2011

Twilight Series News

Okay, so I am on the verge of finishing up The Davinci Code by Dan Brown. So far, it is AWESOME! It is my first mystery/thriller book I have read in a long time! It is a total page turner and is great fun to read. You must keep an open mind though as much of the story line has to do with religion and such. Anyhow, I am loving the book and can't wait to read another novel by Brown BUT, I will have to wait because another book is sitting on my TBR (to be read) shelf and that is....Twilight by Stephenie Meyer!

Twilight is a book about a regular teenage girl who falls in love with...a vampire?! Not my usual genre, but a friend recommended it (thanks Heather!) and it has fab reviews on Amazon. So, I'll be starting that sometime this week.

Anyhow, I come to find out that Twilight is part of a series. New Moon is the sequel and Eclipse is next in the series. I will clearly have to read those now! After doing more research I found out....

1) There is a fourth book in the works called Breaking Dawn (due out Fall of 2008.) She is also working on writing another version of Twilight -- same story but from Edward's point of view. I think that would be very interesting! That one is still in the very early stages yet, so nothing is set in stone just yet!

2) They are working on making Twilight into a movie! Cool! The story must be good then, right?!

3) Meyer is also putting out a book for adults (the Twilight series is technically "young adult") and it is called The Host. It'll be out around May, 2008 and looks pretty good!

Check out Meyer's website for all the dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment