Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I'm Back...Sort of!

Well, I survived my 3 days in the wilderness with 300+ sixth graders! They had an awesome time at camp, and I had a pretty good time too. The weather was terrible our first day, but after that, it was perfect! It'll take me a few days to get back into the swing of things though. For the past three days, I've been operating on minimal sleep (5 hours or less, which for me is torturously too little) and eating food that is horribly bad for me at totally random times of day. Fritos for breakfast, S'mores at 3 in the morning, a midday snack of pancakes and Skittles...ugh, my stomach is aching just thinking about it! Needless to say, I didn't run the Wednesday or Thursday I was at camp, and even though I returned home today at 3:00, I am just not feeling it. Let's just say, after stopping by the house, my DH and I decided to do a little shopping today -- about 5 minutes into our drive to the store, I had already fallen asleep in the car. I am exhausted! Hopefully, after a nice long, hot shower in my own bathroom, and a good nights rest in my own comfy bed, I will feel back up to going out for a run. In fact, I hope to get 6 miles in tomorrow. I have a 5.25 mile race next weekend, so I want to do as much as I can to prepare. From what I hear, the course if supposed to be pretty tough, so I am really crossing my fingers!

Oh, BTW, I read many of your comments regarding the running club I discovered at Fleet Feet and you've all really convinced me to do it! I think it will be an awesome experience and I can't wait to learn more about it! Just a few weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment