Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A New Distance PR

The roads were finally clear today, so I got to run my LSD run. Don't get worried -- I'm talking Long Slow Distance -- not the other LSD! Today, I ran my longest run EVER in my life at 6.7 miles! Last summer, I ran this loop around my neighborhood about every other day. It's about 2 miles one time around. Usually I ran the loop twice, but I was SO glad when I was done, and I remember some days when I had a hard time running it just once! Today, I ran it two times with NO problem and even did another big section of my neighborhood. I probably could have gone even farther if I wanted. I felt so good -- what a difference! I ran a little over an hour too. If you told me last summer I'd be able to do that, I'd say, "Yeah right!" Now I'm just saying, "Yea!" I'm also super excited because I just realized that today's run is 1/2 of my 1/2 marathon goal! And I still have 6 months of training -- plenty of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment