Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Cookware Love

So what is this blog about anyway? Is it scrapbooking? Running? Cooking? Well, it's all about what's going on in "my little world" which basically means, it's all of those things! So I hope you'll bear with me as I write about all of the above every now and then! To make it easier, I'll separate my posts based on those topics. SO, if you could care less about cooking but want to read about running, scoot down to my first post for today. THANKS!

Okay, so anyway...Last Saturday, my neighbor, who is from India, showed me how to make some Indian food. It was a lot of fun. I really enjoy learning about new types of foods and how they reflect the culture of the region they originate from. Cooking with my neighbor really reminded me of cooking with my aunt when I went to San Diego to visit her. She showed me how to make a lot of Filipino food I grew up with. (I wish my mom would have been able to show me, but she couldn't. Luckily, she and my aunt cook the same stuff!) Anyhow, from her I learned how to make lumpia, pancit and muchiko! YUM! Maybe this week, I'll share how to make those fab Filipino feasts! Anyhow, I went to a local Indian store this week and bought some ingredients. Tomorrow I plan on trying my own hand at it. I'll write more about it tomorrow. One thing I'll share though is one of the reasons I waited to try my hand at making the dish. I was waiting for my new piece of cookware to arrive. After much anticipation, I finally received my cast iron enameled 4 qt saucier. Here it is right out of the box.


First of all, I just love cooking with cast iron. It distributes the heat better than anything else I have. Because of that, you don't need to use as much heat. I can sear a slab of meat using nothing but medium heat. Yeah baby! I also love that it holds heat for a long time. You can serve your meal, eat it, and when you go back for seconds (and you will!,) they'll still be warm! I also love that this piece is enameled. That means easy cleanup and... oh yeah, it's a gorgeous red! Love it! This 4 qt is also the perfect size! I already have a 2 qt and a 5 qt, so this is just what I need! Oh my...Is it wrong to love a piece of cookware this much? Well, if it is wrong, I don't want to be right! LOL! Anyhow, I'll be testing this baby out tomorrow as I try my hand at making Indian upma!

No comments:

Post a Comment