Sunday, December 4, 2011

Adventures with Acetate

So I'm making it a goal for myself to try to learn about more cool card techniques. First, I just like learning new things, but second, I want to have a variety of cards that I can make so that I can sell more in my Etsy store. (BTW, I did sign up for an Etsy store but I haven't uploaded anything yet. Maybe in a week or two! Be on the lookout though for "Pretty Little Papers"!)

SplitCoast Stampers has been the place where I've been getting most of my ideas. Today, I tried two of their tutorials. The first one is to make a "floating card". It's made out of acetate or transparencies. With me being a teacher, I have to have transparencies anyway, so I just used those. Anyhow, after much fussing, swearing, and re-stamping, here is my first floating card.

It was a royal PAIN at first because the stamp kept sliding on the transparency giving me a smudged image. So then I'd have to clean it off and start all over again. GRRR. Anyhow, after trying a couple of stamps and different inks, I finally had success!

Here is my second card. This a shaker card! It was super easy to make! It's still pretty simple...I want to do more with it, but I'm still not sure what. Anyways, here it is!


The brighter part in the pic over the butterfly isn't due to flash -- there are actually tiny little glass beads in between the butterfly stamp and the purple frame that you can shake around -- hence a "shaker card"! (There is a piece of transparency keeping the beads from falling out.)

And that ends my first adventure with acetate (AKA transparencies,) and I do not think it will be my last! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment