Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Scraps of Snoopy

So last Saturday, a group of friends and I met at Archivers for their Scrap Mania night. It was a lot of fun! My friend Deb showed us how to use liquid applique on a layout or card. You just squeeze it out of the tube, dry with a heat gun and watch it puff up! It is super cool! I would like to try it on a layout or card in the next few days so I can try it out more and show you. I asked Deb where she got it so that I can buy my own to use at home, but Deb just gave me hers! WOW, thanks Deb! Heather and I were supposed to do a make-n-take too, but we got so caught up scrapping, we ran out of time! I was going to show how to make explosion boxes, but I forgot my scoring blade too. DOH! Hopefully we'll get to do it next time!

Anyhow, Scrap Mania was fun. They served us dinner -- fried chicken and jo jos, and salad. For our desert, we were able to make brownie sundaes. Yum! They gave small prizes out every hour and we got a cool page kit. The best part was just scrapping with friends though!

Here are some layouts I started at the Scrap Mania. I didn't have everything I needed to finish them there though, so I finished them at home tonight. The first two have pics of the cats with their new scratch toy we got them for Christmas. The PP isn't exactly Christmas themed, but what can I say? The pics on the second page had orange and yellow in it. It was hard to find PP that would go with it.



The second layout is just a one-pager. I got to use some of my new paisley stamps from Inque. They're pretty cool!


Tonight, the BSC championship is on. As an Ohio resident, I am obviously cheering for the Buckeyes. I'll be working on some cards though while I watch. Go Bucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment