Friday, May 4, 2012

Other Than Running...

So here's what's been going on with me, other than running, (which seems to be all I blog about anymore!)

Update 1 -- My New Workout DVDs: Okay, this is somewhat running related, but whatever...I have to ease into this! So I tried out my new DVD, Total Body Time Crunch by The Firm. It was definitely hard for me to keep up seeing as how I've done practically NO aerobics! Just as soon as I'd figure out how to do one move, she was already on to the next! That's okay though. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it after doing it a few more times. Anyhow, I thought it was pretty good. It started with a warm up with then went into a cardio segment. After about 7-10 minutes, there was a toning segment, but she still had me doing like 7 different things at once which really kept my heart rate going...okay maybe not 7, but still, you get the point! That followed with more cardio, then more toning, and so on. The last segment or so of cardio had a little bit of plyometrics (AKA jumping around a lot) which I like. Alltogether, the video was about 45 minutes long and I was sweating by the end! I told my DH that while I was doing it, I really felt my heart going and my legs burning, but afterwards, I felt totally fine -- not tired at all like I am after my runs, so I'm not sure how much of a workout it really was. My husbands bets I'll be pretty sore tomorrow. We'll see.

On a funny side note, I was talking to my husband about maybe getting a couple more workout DVDs like the one I tried today so that I could alternate them. I asked for his opinion and all he said was, "Would it make you look even hotter?" "Ummm, I don't know...I guess?" "Then you should definitely get it!" Ugh, why did I even bother asking him!

Update 2 -- My Crazy Cat: I just had to share this pic. My cat Snoopy gets SO MAD when any other cat comes into HIS territory. He was practically foaming at the mouth this afternoon when a neighborhood kitty came to say hello!

Snoopy's tail got all puffy, he started growling and hissing and was ready to jump through the glass! You can see how frightened the other cat is! My cat is such a goof!

Update 3 -- Crafting: I haven't been scrapbooking or cardmaking like I used to, but I did make a few cards today using March's Sheetload Sketch. For this first card, I used paper from the "Garden Party" pack by Making Memories. Everything else I had laying around. Stamps are Studio G $1 stamps. The second card was made using the same sketch but with paper I bought at Target awhile back -- forgot the name of the line. I used my Cuttlebug to cut the cupcake stamp out and to emboss it. Then I used Stickles to add glitter to the cupcake and candle (which is hard to see in the pic.)


I actually made 6-12 of each card. Most of them I'll be donating to Cards for Heroes. I've written about that wonderful program before, but if you're not familiar with them, click on the link to learn more! It was fun getting back into all of my papers and ribbons. I want to do a scrapbook layout next of my last race.

No comments:

Post a Comment