Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I am SO NOT "All That"!

Okay, so I've run two races so far on my "Getting Back in Shape" Tour, and with both races, I got a medal. Don't be too impressed. For the first race, I won 1st place in my age group. What I hesitate to tell others is that, there was only one other person in my age group! But hey, it does NOT say that on the medal! And as far as the second medal, well that's a finisher's medal. You could walk the darn thing and still get one. Well, unfortunately, I seem to have forgotten those little details. I was looking at signing up for a few races and as I was checking out their websites, I decided to check out the results from the previous years to see where my recent times would compare, hoping of course that my times would be medal-worthy. Ummm yeah...THEY'RE NOT! Man, if I ran those races, I would have been totally smoked! Forget about getting a medal -- I'd be choking on the dust kicked up by 70 year old ladies! (No offense to 70 year old ladies -- you are fabulous!) So, just as I was gazing upon my medals thinking about what a great runner I'm turning out to be, I got a little wakeup call: (1) I am SO NOT all that! and (2) I've got a long way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment