Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Summer is Officially Here!

I've always said that summer is my favorite season. I think that has something to do with the fact that my birthday is in it, but whatever! I'm turning the big 3-0 though so I don't know how enthused I am this year! Oh well. Anyway, I usually love those hot, sunny days when I can just lay in the sand on the beach or take a dip in the swimming pool. I'm realizing today though that summer's appeal is a little lost on a day like today, in the 90s with high humidity and I have NO beach or NO pool! UGH -- what's up with that?! I am melting! I tried to get up early today to run before it got too hot. "Early" for me during my summer break is around 7AM So I peel out of bed at 7:30 this morning, get dressed and ran out the door. I think by the time I made it to the end of my driveway, I was already sweating! The only saving grace to my run this morning is that I got to wear my cute pink Target (Tar-jay!) running skirt and my awesome new sporty sun glasses. I looked totally "Runner Grrrl!" Can I just say too that I bought my running skirt probably back in April and when I tried it on then, it was a little snug, but the next size up was almost falling off, so I went with the smaller size. Well, when I put it on today, no snugness! Just fit perfection! Woo hoo! Then after my workout, I got cleaned up and attempted to try on a pair of last year's skorts that were a little snug last year too. Yeah, check it...they slid right on, no problem! This running thing is really working out! So anyway...back to complaining about summer!

So anyhow, as Runner Grrrl as I may have looked, I was SOOOOO hot! I felt like I was on fire! Luckily, tomorrow is cross training day, so I should be good, but then I checked out Sunday's forecast. It's supposed to be even hotter and Sunday is my LONG run day! I thought, "Well, I'll just have to get up extra early to avoid the heat." So I check out the hourly forecast complements of Accuweather and the coolest part of the morning is 4AM at an ever-so-chilly 70 degrees F! Well I can promise you that I WON'T be getting up at 4, so this Sunday should be interesting! Any tips for staying cool?

No comments:

Post a Comment