Friday, April 6, 2012

A Few More

I made a few more cards today using some of my scrap DCWV "All Dressed Up" paper. I used the same sketch as below...I'm not sure I like the "bday" stamp on the one on the left, but it's the only birthday stamp I have that was small enough to fit on the tab. Oh well. All stamps are $1 stamps by Studio G, flowers are Prima and the metal dots are by Colorbok. I hope to send some of these out soon! :-)

On a different note, I experienced a little Christmas miracle today! A few days ago, someone stole $7 out of my desk drawer. (That was NOT the miracle!) I'm pretty sure I know who it was, but no proof, so I'm out of luck there. Anyhow, I talked to my students about what happened in an attempt to guilt the suspect into confessing or at least to get any info from my kids. No luck. Anyhow, my students came up to me today and handed me $7 in coins! They said that they felt really bad about what happened and that they felt that I should not have to be out $7 because of someone else's lack of honesty. So, each student brought in a donation to reimburse me for my $7. Can you believe that?! My heart totally melted! While I was really disappointed that someone would steal money in the first place, this act totally outweighs that! Now I would like to take that $7 and use it to buy something for the class. Of course $7 won't get much so I'll have to increase that, but I want to definitely let my kids know how proud I am of them! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment