Wednesday, April 4, 2012

TWD: Chunky Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Chocolate Chipsters

Stefany over at Proceed with Caution choose this week's Tuesdays with Dorie recipe: Chunky Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. Whew - that's a mouthful! Check out Stefany's blog for the original recipe. Basically though, the cookie is pretty much a combination of a peanut butter, oatmeal, and chocolate chip cookie all in one. It was super easy to make -- all you really had to do was follow a basic chocolate chip cookie recipe but add some oats in with the flour and some peanut butter with the regular butter. Oh, and there was an addition of cinnamon and nutmeg somewhere in there. The cookies came out pretty soft, but definitely with some substance, which I like. While I did enjoy the cookies though, I don't know that I'd call them my fave. If I want a chocolate chip cookie, I want just chocolate chips. When I crave peanut butter, I want to savor nothing but that pb taste! If I somehow have a craving for both and maybe an oatmeal cookie too, than I know that this'll be the perfect one! (Apparently I'm crazy though. I took a dozen and a half to a family get together and only came back with 4! Everyone really liked them!)

No comments:

Post a Comment