Monday, April 9, 2012

Woo Hoo! Surprise Day Off!

So last night I had a hard time sleeping. It was SO windy I swear there was tornado outside! I kept drifting in and out of sleep, having crazy dreams. At one point I thought I heard the phone ring, but I thought maybe it was just another dream. So when my alarm went off, I got up and started getting ready. I thought, "Hmmm, maybe the phone did ring and we have the day off school?! Nah! The weather is fine now and my district hardly ever calls off." So I finished getting ready. As I was walking out the door, I noticed the message light on my machine blinking. "NO WAY!" I'm thinking -- "This is too good to be true!" Sure enough though, my school was cancelled today! The wind knocked out power to the entire district. :-) Woo hoo! Surprise day off!

I tried to go back to sleep, but I was already wide awake. Besides, Snoopy came and tried to snuggle with me and he was being such a wiggle worm, there was no sleep to be had. So I decided to get up and get some projects done. I ran to Michaels first to see if I was in luck with any of those $1 stamps. Nothing yet. I picked up a few other things and ran home.

With my extra time today, I finished a Christmas LO and I made an altered mailbox for my friend's daughter! I made my friend the Hello Kitty one and when she brought it home, her daughter thought it was for her! My friend had to break the news to her. So then my friend went to Target to get a mailbox so she could make one for her daughter, but they were all out! Well, I happen to have a few extras, so I made one for her daughter today. My friend said she likes princess stuff. I had the perfect paper in mind. I hope she likes it.




Patterned paper is by Marcella by K (Target), flowers are Prima and Heidi Swapp, stamps are Studio G $1 stamps!

Well, it's only halfway through the day! I love having time to do fun stuff! I probably should do laundry and clean some dishes....nah!

No comments:

Post a Comment