Saturday, April 7, 2012

But They're Only $1! So That Means I Can Buy More...Right?

Okay, before I get carried away with my new find, here are some cards I'd like to share. I made them today using a Becky Fleck sketch and some Basic Grey Blush paper. What's funny is that ever since I came across Sheetload, I can not do just one of any card! I end up doing a little assembly line and making at least 6! I made 8 with this sketch. I probably don't know enough people to even send this card out to, especially since I have so many others, but that is okay! I like making a lot of extras. That way I'll have some to send for Cards for Heroes and to maybe sell in my future Etsy store. Here is just a sample of the ones I made today...


The hearts were cut with my Cricut and the stamps are Studio G $1 stamps. In case you can't see in the pic, the one across the bottom says "sending my love" and then on the heart is a package that says "for you" that has a heart on it also. Wait...speaking of Studio G stamps...

So if you've read any of my other posts, then you know that stamping is one of my new things. I got started by using those cute $1 stamps by Studio G. You can find them at Joanns or Michaels. I guess there is another store called ACMoore that carries them, but we don't have that around here. Anyway, while I was crusing my message boards, I ran across a post that has all of the Studio G $1 stamps pictured. (HERE it is if you want to see.) Well today, they added the newest set -- 40 sets with Valentine, St. Patrick's, and Easter theme. (Better pic of those on THIS thread -- scroll down to see.) They are TOO STINKIN CUTE! I want those babies so bad! (In my best Smeegle impression: Muuuuust haaaave the preeeecious...) Well, maybe not all 40 because that would be too much $$, but I do want so many of them! The only problem with these is that they are only $1! How is this a problem, you ask? Because in my mind, I keep saying, "Oh my goodness! It's just a buck! I can get a few more!" Then all of sudden 1 becomes 5, which becomes 10 and so on and so on! I swear, when I put those things in my little basket, they mulitply like rabbits or something! I don't know how else they turn from "just a few" to "that'll be $25 please"?! EEK! Oh, must.... practice.... restraint! I may have help though. It looks like these may only be available at ACMoore, which as I said, we don't have around here. I would be so sad if that were the case! Please, oh PLEASE let them be at M's or J's! I need to start using my positive thinking....I can't wait to get to M's or J's in the next few weeks and get them! I know they will be there for me, just begging to jump into my basket. Send out those positive vibes for me everyone! :-) Muuuuust haaaaaave the preeeeeciousssss...

No comments:

Post a Comment